I love saving money. Most people do. Most people like getting a great deal on a product that is high quality and/or useful to their life.
That’s why there are so many deal blogs, finance blogs, and frugal living or thrifty lifestyle blogs out there. People are drawn to the idea of cutting expenses, living below their means, and affording the necessities even easier.
As a blogger in this niche, it can seem hard to promote affiliate programs, as how can you tell people trying to living a frugal lifestyle to buy something or sign up for something?
The good news is that you don’t need to worry about being a sell-out if you promote things that help them save money, that help them coupon, that help them refinance or are for a product or service that will save them money long-term.
Also, keep in mind that people are still spending money, whether or not they are frugal. Often your job is to teach them where to shop to get the best deal! Never underestimate the power of a “How to Save on ______” post or a “How to Save When You ______” post. Both of them allow for lots of affiliate links!
Below you will find a list of great affiliate programs that deal, frugal, and coupon bloggers can promote and feel good about! Keep in mind it’s always helpful to sign up for the major affiliate marketing networks first so it’s easy to apply for specific programs later.
Affiliate Program for Frugal Living Bloggers
Affiliate Programs for Money Saving Phone Apps
- Ibotta. Get $5 for each friend who uses Ibotta plus escalating bonuses. Earn $20 for 2, $50 for 5, $100 for every 10 after that. No limits. Sign up for the app and then refer “friends” (blog readers) with your special referral code.
- SavingStar. Earn $1 for every completed registration and $0.15 for every coupon redeemed. 30-Day cookie window. Sign up on [eafl id=”8961″ name=”Impact Radius” text=”ImpactRadius”] or on [eafl id=”9044″ name=”Panthera Network” text=”Panthera Network”] (higher payout).
- Checkout51. Earn $1 per lead. 15-Day cookie window. Sign up on [eafl id=”8968″ name=”ShareASale” text=”ShareASale”].
- ShopKick. Get 250 kicks for each friend who successfully joins and completes a walk-in or product scan within their first 7 days. Up to 100 invites. Sign up in their app.
- Favado App. Sign up here. You can connect affiliate links within the app!
Coupon Affiliate Programs
- Coupons.com. Earn $0.42 per print session. Sign up with [eafl id=”9037″ name=”Escalate Network” text=”Escalate Network”] (my preference) or CJ.
- SavvyShoppers Coupons Widget. Earn $0.42 per print sessions. Sign up with [eafl id=”9037″ name=”Escalate Network” text=”Escalate Network”].
- Redplum.com. Receive $0.01-$0.07 per print. Sign up with [eafl id=”9037″ name=”Escalate Network” text=”Escalate Network”] or [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- SmartSource.com. Sign up to promote their coupons in the footer of their page.
- Savings.com and Favado App. Sign up here.
- Hopster Coupons. $0.04 per coupon. Sign up on [eafl id=”9044″ name=”Panthera Network” text=”Panthera Network”].
- Cellfire. No clipping required. Sign up here. (Not sure it’s working.)
Groceries and Food Affiliate Programs
- $5 Meal Plan. 30% commissions. 90-Day Cookie. Sign up here.
- Emeals. 30% commissions. 45-day cookie window. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- FreezEasy. This super simple freezer meal program lets you customize your menu and then make 10 meals in under an hour. 20% commissions. Sign up Here.
- Grocery Budget Makeover. 5-Week step-by-step course that starts at $39 and teaches you how to reduce your grocery budget with meal planning, couponing, and simple prep. 25% commissions. Sign up HERE.
- Grocery University by Money Saving Mom. $9.97 audio course on making the most of your grocery budget. 50% commissions. Sign up HERE.
- Restaurant.com. Earn 3-20% commissions. 45-day cookie window. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- Amazon Prime Pantry. Earn 5% on groceries from Amazon. 1-day cookie. Sign up to be an Amazon affiliate.
- Boxed. Buy wholesale groceries. Sign up through [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- Jet.com. Unique pricing algorithm for savings and offers fresh groceries and more. 2.5% commissions. 7-day cookie. Sign up on LinkShare.
- Walmart Grocery Referral. Refer friends to try it out and they receive $10 and you receive $10. Max of 10 referrals but codes work for up to 1 year (multiple uses). Sign in and click green “Refer & Get $10” button to sign up.
- Shipt. $20 commissions for new customers. Sign up with PromoAffiliates.
Saving Money Online Shopping
- Ebates. $5 per referral with a generous bonus scale for bloggers where more than one referral a month can mean an extra $25-100+. Sign up for Ebates and grab your Refer-a-Friend code.
- TopCashBack.com. $1 payout per validated signup. Sign up on [eafl id=”8960″ name=”Flex Offers” text=”FlexOffers”] and [eafl id=”9036″ name=”CenterPoint Media” text=”CenterPoint Media”].
- ShopAtHome.com. Earn commissions per action or per-click. Sign up here.
Discount Deals Sites Affiliate Programs
- Groupon. Earn 5-10% commissions on Groupon purchases. 3-7 day cookie window. Sign up on Groupon.
- LivingSocial. Earn 3-15% commissions. 3-day cookie window. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- Zulily. 2%-4% commissions. 1-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- Rue La La. Private sale boutiques. 2.4% commissions on sales. 1-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8960″ name=”Flex Offers” text=”FlexOffers.”]
- HauteLook. Top designer brands up to 75% off. $15 commissions on first purchases. Sign up here.
- Jane.com. Boutique marketplace. 10-11% commissions per sale. 15-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8968″ name=”ShareASale” text=”ShareASale.”]
Surveys Sites with Affiliate Programs
Survey sites are a great way to make money via affiliates! People love to get paid for their opinions. I have personally made good money with a single post about surveys.
There are lots of affiliate networks that offer links to various survey companies. I cannot look them all up and hunt them all down. Plus, survey offerings frequently cap or end. If you have interest in promoting surveys to your readers, I suggest signing up with [eafl id=”9044″ name=”Panthera Network” text=”Panthera Network”]. They have an extensive selection of high-paying survey offers in their database.
I will mark all survey sites on the Panthera Network with an asterisk. I cannot disclose exactly how much each one pays out, but it ranges from $1-$5.00 or more per qualified registration. Considering that a single person can frequently sign up for multiple survey companies at once, it can add up fast.
- American Consumer Opinion
- *Cashback Rewards
- *Consumer Opinion Panel
- *Finger on the Pulse Community
- *Global Test Market Panel
- Harris Poll Online
- Inbox Dollars – Take surveys from home to make small amounts of money while you watch TV Lead (signs up with email address) – $1.40
- *Ipsos Panel
- *iSurvey World
- *Mindfield Online Panel
- MyPoints. Earn $2.50/lead. 30-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- *MySoapBox Panel
- *MySurvey Panel
- *Opinion Bureau
- *Opinion Outpost
- *OpinionPlus Panel
- *Paid for Research
- *Panda Research
- *Pinecone Research
- Prize Rebel
- Product Report Card
- *Smart Panel
- *Survey Consensus
- *Survey Downline
- *Survey Junkie
- *Survey Round Table
- *Survey Savvy Connect
- Survey4Profit.com. $1/sign-up. 45-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ.”]
- *Swagbucks (Also on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”])
- *Toluna Opinions
- *Vindale Research
- *VIP Voice Panel
Secondhand Clothing Stores with Affiliate Programs
People love to save money on clothing and buying thrift and secondhand online is a great way to save every day on clothes and other items.
- ThredUp. Give your friend $10 and earn $10 credit to Thredup. Credits expire after 30 days. Max $580 earnings per calendar year. Sign up for a ThredUp account.
- Schoola. Earn 10% per sale. 45-day cookie window. Earn money for your school while you shop for clothes! Sign up on [eafl id=”8968″ name=”ShareASale” text=”ShareASale”].
- Swap.com. They sell clothes, sporting equipment, toys, books, and more! $10-15 commissions per new customer. 5-10% on existing customers. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- My Kid’s Threads. Designer Consignment. 8% commissions. 30-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8968″ name=”ShareASale” text=”ShareASale”].
- Ebay. Sign up on the Ebay Partner Network.
Other Affiliate Programs for Finance Bloggers
- TurboTax. Earn money from people using your link to file their taxes. Sign up here on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ”].
- Gazelle. Buy and sell used phones for large discounts. 15% commission on all trade-ins. Up to 5% commission on all certified pre-owned purchases. 60-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8968″ name=”ShareASale” text=”ShareASale”].
- Grove Collaborative (Formerly Epantry). Organic cleaning, home, beauty and baby products delivered to your door for less than you would spend at your local retail store. Earn $8 per checkout you drive. Sign up here.
- Ultimate-Bundles. They offer many niche-specific highly discounted digital bundles. The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle contains financial books and resources. Sign up here.
- Fiverr. Promote people finding cheap design and digital services on Fiverr. Sign up here.
- FreshBooks. Invoice and Accounting services. $5 per free trial signup plus $55 per paid subscriber. 120-day cookie. Join on [eafl id=”8968″ name=”ShareASale” text=”ShareASale”].
- Target REDCard. $8. 7-day cookie. Sign up on [eafl id=”8961″ name=”Impact Radius” text=”ImpactRadius.”]
- MOTIF Investing. Investment and advisory firm. $25 per application. $45 per approved application. Sign up on [eafl id=”8992″ name=”CJ” text=”CJ.”]
- MyScore. Credit Check. $12 after paid subscription starts and free 7-day trial ends. Sign up on [eafl id=”9044″ name=”Panthera Network” text=”Panthera”] (need approval).
I’m sure there are plenty more great programs that frugal bloggers can promote. If you have a program you love to promote to your thrifty audience, leave me a comment and I’ll add it!
In the meantime, pick a few from the list above that fit your audience and site and get promoting!
If you are looking for more niche-specific affiliate programs, check out these posts:
- Affiliate programs for Marriage and Relationship Bloggers
- Affiliate programs for Homeschool and Education Bloggers